Our client, a national law firm, with an industry leading Calgary office, seeks a partner level Oil and gas transactions lawyer with 10 or more years experience to join its offices in Calgary. The Calgary office has a significant international dimension, advising on foreign investment in the Canadian energy sector and cross-border trade in energy resources. If you are an oil and gas lawyer interested in transactions and providing advice on acquisitions, reorganizations, amalgamations, and purchases and sales of assets, then this is an opportunity for professional development. As the best candidate, you are a skilled and knowledgeable oil and gas or Energy law lawyer with senior level experience from a prestigious firm or boutique.
Partner – Oil and Gas Transactions:
• Work with high-growth clients and market leading individuals and businesses across a wide range of industries; including the following:
•District energy plants
•Infrastructure companies providing transmission, transportation and distribution services and independent electricity system operators
•Renewable power generators including hydro, wind, solar and geo-thermal
•Oil service companies
•Exploration and drilling companies
•Retail energy marketers
•Governments – federal, provincial and municipal
•International investment funds
•Energy from waste facilities
• Work with many of Canada’s leading senior counsel in a diverse range of practices;
• The firm easily attracts and retains many of the country’s leading professionals with exceptional career opportunities, robust benefits and stimulating client work.
As the best candidate, you are a skilled and knowledgeable Energy lawyer with senior level experience from a prestigious firm or boutique. If you wish to take your career to the next level and become involved in the leadership of a group of securities practitioners, then you will want to join this firm of exceptional partners and associates, The successful candidate will possess exceptional people skills, must be hard working, down to earth and committed to the profession.
• A portable book of business will be an asset to this position, but not a requirement;
• The candidate must have strong organization skills, and have experience keeping a busy practice organized; and
• Establish and maintain effective client relationships and ensure timeliness and efficiency of progress of files.