Questions to ask the interviewer
1. What are the firm goals?
2. What areas of practice does the firm wish to expand in the next year or next few years?
3. Try to concentrate on philosophical questions instead of practical questions
4. Ask who does what in the firm.
5. Are they looking to expand in areas that you are interested in? “My practice is focused on________ is this an area that the firm will be expanding in the future?
6. What are the timelines of the firm? When do you expect to make a decision?
7. How many hours are the lawyers at the firm presently working? What hours can be expected?
8. What do people do outside of work hours? What kinds of firm functions does the firm participate in?
9. What is the potential for partnership? Is there a partnership track or are invitations to partnership dependant on a set of certain parameters?
10. What is expected of me?
11. What are the expectations of the firm for client development?
12. What do you like best about the firm?
13. Ask for a tour of the office
Please feel free to re-word or revise these questions to make them your own.